Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ten for Tuesday (on Wednesday)

Sorry that this wasn't out yesterday.  Problem is this: 1) I was too busy being excited about meeting the twins on my extended "martini" lunch break, 2) I was actually busy at work, and 3) last night I had about 25 people over for dinner (in my little 900 sq. ft. house, let's just say it was cozy).  So that let me no time to answer these very important questions. 

But I'm answering now!  Better late than never!

No question theme this week.  Just random questions.

  1. What accomplishment are you most proud of?Graduating from Cal Poly in 4 years (and a quarter).  It's hard to first get into Cal Poly and then graduate in 4 years.  I'm proud of it!  And I know my parents are too.  I from college is blah, blah, blah gonna be most everyone's "most pround of accoknow that graduating mplishment", so here's another one.  I am also proud of following my dreams and seeing them through.  When I get a bug up my butt things get done (as long as they're within reason). 
  2. How much did you weigh when you were born?
    I was wittle.  A mere 6 lbs. 2 ounces.  I think.  I'd have to refer back that birth announcement thing my mom made for me that's hanging on my wall in my office.
  3. What is your favorite perfume?
    Victoria Secret Halo.  Which is a huge bummer because they don't make it/sell it any more!  The last bottle I got I ordered through amazon.  Whoever has a supply out there, keep it in stock please!
  4. How many siblings do you have?
    Three.  I am the oldest of 4 kids.  But we're not kids anymore.  The baby is going to be 22 in less than a month.  My (almost) 26 year old brother is getting married in less than 9 months.  At 23, #3 will be graduating from college this May. And I'm.turning.thirty. in less than 4 months.
  5. How many children would you like to have? (Or how many do you have?)
    I'd like more than 2, but less than 4.  Somewhere in that range is the magic number.  Honestly, as long as we're (because obviously I'll be married) financially comfortable I wouldn't be opposed to 4.  On thing is for sure though, I am not going to be a Michelle Duggar and pop kids like popcorn!
  6. What is the best class you took in college?
    Totally honest here?  My absolutely favorite class(es) was beginning and advanced floral arranging!  I know, you're probably thinking "why in the world would you take floral arranging?"  Well, it counted as ag elective units that were required for my major (Agribusiness).  And it was hands on and I got to be creative.  And my teacher and my aunt were AGR little sisters/friends when they both went to Cal Poly.  Ok, that's not a reason that I took the class, but it's a cool fact.  My favorite class as required by my major was something about business plans.  Basically, I learned how to, and wrote a business plan for a fictious business for 10 weeks.  It was fun!  My plan ended up being about 80 pages.  (Maybe I should put that in my proud accomplishment list)
  7. What was your favorite game to play when you were a child?
    Ummm...I have a horrible memory of my childhood.  (and not because I didn't have a good childhood, I just have a sucky memory)  It comes to me in spurts.  Right now I'm remembering chinese jump rope during recess at school.  Did anyone else play that?  With the long stretchy circle?  I don't remember how to play it now though (bad memory remember?).
  8. What character on Friends are you most like?
    Let's see who I'm not like:  Pheobe and Joey - I'm not spacy.  Ross - I'm not a science nerd, but like him I'm an idiot when it comes to the opposite sex.  Monica - I'm not as OCD as she is, but I am slightly Type A.  Rachel - ...  Chandler - ...  I guess I'm most like Rachel and Chandler because I can't think of a reason why I'm not like them.  But don't ask me how I'm like them, cause I don't know.  Honestly though, Chandler was the first one that came to mind as the character that I'm most like.
  9. Are you a phone person (ie do you like talking on the phone)?
    No, not really.  Once I'm on the phone I'm fine.  But I'm too afraid that I'm going to interupt whatever that other person was doing.  Or by me calling them I'll be bugging them.  Or if they don't answer then they must not want to talk to me.  I'm weird like that.  I'd rather they call me.  I'll answer.  I promise.
  10. What was the best vacation you ever took?
    That's a hard one.  I've gone on lots of vacations.  Growing up we had a motorhome.  Mom and Dad would load us up, after packing of course, and we'd take off for 2 weeks driving to different National Parks.  Or they'd load us up and off to the coast we'd go for a weekend.  As I've gotten older I've come to recognize that vacations are a must in order to keep my sanity.  Plus I love to travel and go new places and see new sights.  So I try to take 1 trip that requires flying every year.  In 2009 it was to Florida.  In 2008 it was to Hawaii and Alaska.  2007 I went to upstate New York.  I don't know where I'm going in 2010 yet.  Ok, so I know I didn't really answer the question, but every vacation is special for it's own reason and it's had to choose between them.

    No comments: